Create data flow diagrams as detailed below using MS Visio based on the above description for the
TenDollarReview.com system. If you absolutely cannot obtain MS Visio, you may submit diagrams
either created using Power Point or in Word – but you MUST get my permission to use any of these
You are responsible for ensuring the diagrams contain all the required information,
regardless of the tool you use.
You MUST use the shapes that we covered in the class for all necessary
Q1: Draw the Context Diagram of the TenDollarReview.com system and name that page
“Context_Diagram_by_” plus your last name (e.g., Context_Diagram_by_last name) (1 pts)
Q2: Draw the Level-0 DFD of the TenDollarReview.com system and name it “Level0_Diagram_by_”
plus your last name (e.g., Level0_Diagram_by_last name).
MIS 330-A01 Summer(A) 2018: DFD Assignment
Q3: Choose only one process in the Level-0 DFD and further decompose it into a Level-1 DFD. Name
it “Level1_Diagram_by_” plus your last name (e.g., Level1_Diagram_by_last name).
decompose one process you are allowed to make assumptions about what goes on inside that process
beyond what is described in the description of TenDollarReview.com but you cannot change or
contradict the system description.
• As for external entities, you are the external entity
• In the level-0 diagram for
Q2, you should have approximately 4 major processes (however, you can
have more or less than 4 depending on whether they make sense and capture how the system works).
• In the level-0 diagram for Q2, though things happen in sequence, remember that DFDs do not show
when or how often things happen.
• Make sure you have included all the needed data flows that are indicated in the narrative. Missing
data flows will lose points.
• Make sure that all the processes, entities, and data flows are named properly (do not forget about the
• Keep in mind the principle of balancing when you decompose from Q1: context diagram to Q2:
level-0 diagram and from Q2: level-0 diagram to Q3: level-1 diagram.
If the diagrams are not
balanced, you will lose points.
• To the best of your ability, if you have data flows crossing with each other or other symbols, try
moving them around or changing their shapes to eliminate the overlap. Otherwise, it will be hard for
me to read and grade your solution.
• Have fun. Thanks.