You are a candidate in a very close election in Port Royal, Indiana, for County Commissioner. You must raise an additional $2,250 today during call time. The legal maximum donation from an individual or political action committee (PAC) is $250. You need to raise the $2,250 to pay for the delivery of your last direct mail piece, which costs $4,500. The consultant, printer, and U.S. Postal service must have the money in hand by the end of the day. It is now 9 a.m. and you are just starting today’s call time.
- As you prepare for this calling program, take a moment to think about all of the individuals in your Inner Circle. Make them real people to youâ€”your family and friends.
- Choose your top 10 prospects from this list and type them into your prospecting form (click the link below for the Excel template), indicating your relationships or history with each.
- Be sure to add a target amount (use a minimum and maximum range) to ask for during your call with each individual. Add your amounts to get the total number of projected dollars.
- Create a fundraising script to ask for donations to your campaign. Write your script in in Word document.
- Submit both your Prospecting Form and script.