For this assignment, you will write a brief research paper on one important public health figure and the disease and community that was the subject of his or her research. Some examples include as James Lind, John Graunt, Benjamin Jesty, Dr. Ignas Semmelweiss, etc.
Important Note: You must receive approval of the public health figure/researcher prior to starting the assignment.
- An appropriate length for this assignment is about 3 pages (not including title page and reference page).
- Cite your sources and format your paper using APA style.
- Your paper must include background information on the public heath figure, including why you selected the figure.
- Provide an overview/introduction and a conclusion
- Your paper should represent in-depth research; use only credible, primary resources that are relevant to the topic.
- Your paper should discuss the following:
- Risk factors
- The socioeconomic status of the people who contracted the disease
- The public health strategies that were used in the public health figure’s study