(Tick in the appropriate box)
You are encouraged to word process your assessment, hand written work is not acceptable.
You are required to word process this assessment.
You are required to submit this assessment electronically through UCLan Blackboard
- This paper contains 2 tasks.
- Answer the question / complete the tasks fully with all possible evidence for achieving the learning outcome/s.
- This assessment is worth 50% of the module mark.
Please do not submit this assessment brief with your work.
This piece of course work has two tasks; Task 1 accounts to 70 percent weightage while task 2 accounts to 30 percent.
Each student has to submit a report of 2000 words based on a Site visit to /construction site organised by the module tutor. The report is about your observation of the working environment in that construction site and should include aspects like work at height, electricity, excavation, noise, dust, lighting PPE on site, welfare facilities etc. You need to discuss the prevailing conditions and compare it with relevant HSE/ Omani regulations.
- The site visit will be arranged by the module tutor on a convenient week day.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend the visit along with the class. You can submit the assignment only if you visit that particular workplace.
- You can collect the required information by observing the workplace, talking to the employees etc. without creating any nuisance.
- Absence of proper referencing will invite “plagiarism”.
- For citation and referencing follow the Harvard referencing system strictly and all the written materials should be supported with proper citations and references in the report and the presentation.
- You have to follow the specified word limit for the task. But remember that, quality matters, not quantity.
- Use Microsoft Word for word processing. Use A4 paper size settings with 2.5cm margins all around.
- Body text can be Times New Roman 12 point, Text is to be justified.
- The pages should be numbered consecutively, starting with the title page.
- The number of words must be shown at the end of the work submitted. However, content & title pages will not be counted to the total ‘word count’; neither will the list of reference at the end of the work.
- Relevant photographs, diagrams etc. can be included in the report for better explanation. Colour prints will not carry any extra weightage.
- Each student should present their observations individually in a time frame of 10 mins followed by questions from the module tutor.
- Presentation should be done using MS power point and the soft version of the presentation should be upload in the Blackboard.
Guidelines for preparing the course work
The course work report will be assessed and graded on the following aspects and weightage is indicative to knowledge, analysis, supporting materials, presentation of the overall piece of work and internal citations with relevance.
However, the report should be documented with the below sections;
***Please write about Atlantic Construction site in Oman (Occupational Safety & Health Omani Government Regulation are provided in the attachments). Pictures of construction site I had visited are provided. The construction site that I visited called Atlantic Construction LLC. Please review the provided pictures and use them to do the site visit to that location. In the Atlantic Construction LLC there are 125 workers. A picture of the construction site staff is also provided.