Create a lesson plan that integrates language objectives, content objectives, and best instructional practices for ELLs, as well as a method for authentic assessment. In this assignment you will complete a SIOP Lesson Plan based on the Background Information below and your own grade level selection and content area of choice.
You are the teacher of a class of 10 ELL students in the same grade, but with differing English proficiency levels. Select your potential grade level and core content area of interest before you begin. Using the SIOP Lesson Plan template in the Student Success Center, design a lesson for those students by completing the following sections of the SIOP lesson plan:
- Lesson Topic
- Objectives (Content and Language)
- Learning Strategies
- Key Vocabulary
- Motivation (Building Background)
- Presentation (Language and content objectives, comprehensible input, strategies, interaction, feedback)
- Practice and Application (Meaningful activities, interactions, strategies, feedback)
- Assessment and Extension (Review objectives, and vocabulary, assess learning)
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
The Turnitin score MUST be under 25%.