You have just been hired as the director of service for the XYZ Hotel. Your primary objective is to address current areas of opportunity in the services that exist within the company. You have determined the first area that needs improvement is the arrival process for the guests.
Develop a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes to give to the owner of the hotel regarding how you will improve the arrival process.
Address the following in your presentation:
- Streamline the check-in process to make it more effective. This may include reducing the average check-in time at the front desk, meeting individual needs of each guest, or providing transportation to and from the airport.
- The slow new employee orientation process and the non-existent re-training process for current employees. How can better training help improve the arrival process for guests?
- What approach to training will you take in order to provide the service while keeping costs low? What other methods will you use to control costs throughout the hotel?
- How will improving the arrival process for guests reduce costs?
- How will efforts to reduce customer complaints help to reduce costs?