Refer to the University of Phoenix Material: Professional Interview and Response Guidelines for assignment guidelines. Also refer to the Announcement posted on this assignment.
Interview two mental health service professionals from two different settings, such as a school, hospital, or prison. Ensure that at least one of the interviewees is a clinical psychologist. Professionals such as correction office, general practice doctor, or hospital nurse do not meet this criteria. If in doubt please contact me.
Provide the name and work environment of the two professionals you interviewed.
Ask the following questions to each of your interviewees:
- In what setting do you practice? How long have you been practicing?
- What are your specialties or areas of clinical focus?
- What are the most common disorders you treat?
- Do you have any special certifications or training beyond your original graduate coursework?
- How do you approach therapy or treatment? Do you use specific modalities, techniques, or interventions?
- What ethical and legal issues do you think are the most challenging or common?
- Do you have an opinion on where you think the field of psychology is heading?
- What do you enjoy most about your work?
- What advice would you provide an aspiring psychologist or therapist?
Discuss, in a 350- to 700-word response, the similarities and differences of how these professionals approach treatment in their settings. Also submit your interview answers in a seperate document.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Cite personal communication per APA guidelines (look this up if you are unsure how to do this as this is different than a regular citation).
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Submit: 1 document of the interview answers and 1 document for the compare/contrast analysis
You can also do a search through the following website: http://www.psychologytoday.com/# look under therapist find, you can interview a prior instructor, or someone from a non-profit or school setting. Remember that a psychologist usually has a PhD and is licensed or registered as a psychologist in the state in which they practice.
In addition, this paper is ONLY on similarities and differences between the two individuals and is not a write up of the interview answers, please include the interview questions and answers in a separate document. Finally, you must cite personal communication as outlined by APA, please look this up if you are unfamiliar with how to do this. Personal communication is ONLY cited within the text and not in a reference section. Finally, this is a required assignment and can not be waived or altered. Please refer to the syllabus for additional information.
The format to use when writing this paper is as follows: Introduction of interviewees, analysis, conclusion, references (if you use any).