Persuasive Essay (Due Week Four)
- The persuasive essay requires you to argue a position on a debatable topic.
- You will support your position by conducting research, evaluating evidence, and presenting it in a well-organized essay.
- This assignment is based on research. It is not simply a preference or an expression of your opinion.
- The goal is to persuade a reader to adopt a certain point of view by using reliable sources, statistics and facts, logic, examples, and expert opinions.
- The essay should address an opposing view, and respectfully state why your position is stronger.
- The final essay should include a thesis statement, clear position on chosen topic, acknowledgement of the opposing view, clear purpose and direction, and effective conclusion.
- Revised essay should be error free and consistent in tone, point of view and verb tense.
- Three reliable sources are required to support your position.
- Reliable sources include Keiser Library, Google scholar, and others approved by your instructor.
Should the minimum wage be raised from its current $7.25 per hour?
- 1000 words minimum
- Must include three sources with in-text and reference citations
- Microsoft Word document
- APA Format with title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page