Access and Growth of Adult Education, Training, and Lifelong Learning” Please respond to the following:
- From the readings, suggest at least three (3) ways that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 had an impact on access to higher education for American citizens. Investigate the impact that the law has had on your career as a student, or as a current or future educator.
Assignment 1: Review a Journal Article Related to Adult Education, Training, or Lifelong Learning
Each student is expected to complete an article review associated with the field of adult education, training, or lifelong learning.
Select the following scholarly journal articles to review below:
- Compton, J. I., Cox, E., & Laanan, F. S. (2006). Adult learners in transition. New directions for student services, (114), 73-80. doi:10.1002/ss.208 (9 pages)
Next, write a three to five (3-5) page review of the selected article in which you include the following items. Note: Make each numbered item below a heading in your review:
- List the name of the article you selected in APA format and why you selected the article.
- Summarize both the content of the article and the writer(s)’ conclusion and / or recommendation(s).
- Evaluate how the article contributes to your understanding of adult education, training or lifelong learning.
- Provide one (1) example of new idea or concept that you learned by reading the article and how you would train a class on the idea or concept.
- Suggest at least two (2) strengths and two (2) weaknesses of the article. Provide support for your rationale.
- Based on your current or preferred career, reflect on how the contents or findings of the article can be applied to your career.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page (if applicable) are not included in the required assignment page length.