1. Is it important to have the institution of marriage in society? Explain if it is possible or not for a society to survive without this institution?
2. How has the divorce rate changed in the United States over the last 50 years? How is the divorce rates different among different groups of people in the United States?
3. What are the motivations that causes athletes to use banned performance enhancing substances in sports? Given how widespread it is, do you think it would be a good idea to get rid of the ban? Explain why or why not.
4. Where do you think cheating is more likely in team sports or in individual sports? Explain.
5. How are local drug gangs similar to McDonald franchises?
6. Explain why reducing the supply of illegal drugs may result in an increase in criminal activity.
7. Explain some of the pros and cons of legalization of prostitution while focused on the viewpoint that since it is difficult to stop we should not bother stopping it.
8. In consider the issue of legalization of prostitution list the various stakeholders in society that may be impacted by this and at least one impact this would have on them.
9. Gambling has a positive economic impact on society does that mean we should always support gambling? Explain why or why not.
10. What if a large percentage of revenues from gambling was used to provide social benefits to society? For example the proceeds of the lottery in various states is used to support education at public schools. Would gambling be beneficial to society in this case? Explain.