Step 1: Read the article found in section 9A: Biochemical Connections: Law in your digital book. (attached)
Using the Concordeâ€™s Online Library, your digital material, and other scholarly websites, discuss the following:
- What are your feelings regarding the article?
- Describe, in detail, what the following statement means, â€œWhat can be patented is purified DNA containing the sequence of the gene and techniques that allow the study of the genes.â€
- How do you see the patenting of genes/DNA impacting science and medicine over the next 30 years?
- Do you believe this trend is ethical? Why/why not?
Step 2: Compile your thoughts & research and write a 3-5 page paper addressing the topics and questions above.
Step 3: Once complete, save your file and submit.
- You are required to have at least two outside resources, at the scholarly level. Wikipedia is not acceptable. You are encouraged to use Concordeâ€™s Online Library: Gale Resources (Links to an external site.)
- The use of outside resources is required and all papers must be cited and written in APA format.
- Once you have completed the assignment, click the Submit Assignment option in the menu to the right and select a format for submitting your assignment.
- Click the Submit Assignment button when you are ready.