Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Critical Thinking Exercises:
- Develop a clinical pathway on a health-related topic of your choice, based on the example provided on p.507 – 516 (Bradshaw and Lowenstein).
- Create a formative and summative evaluation tool based on the 10-minute lecture you developed in Module 6. How might you modify your presentation based on feedback?****My 10-minute lecture is a presentation, which requires the presenter and the audience to be in the same room; it’s a one on one presentation. However, if I would be delivering the information over a distance, I would use a website. The website will help me address a larger audience at different times and places. I would first ensure that my website is easily accessible, and my heading contains keywords that allow fast searching. A good title is essential because once an internet user searches related content, my document will have a likeliness to pop up first. I will also ensure that my website loads fast enough, not to bore the user. I would ensure to put visuals alongside the information to get the audienceâ€™s attention. Visuals will allow my audience to understand my content more. To promote audience interaction, I will implement a live chat feature, where my audience and I can have a live conversation, and they can ask questions or give their views. Also, I will ensure to create a comment box on the website, where the audience can ask questions on the website, and discussions can be held by a group, unlike the live chat, which would only allow for private conversations (Mendenhall, 2016).
My evaluation methods would definitely change, as there is limited physical interaction with my audience. To evaluate my website method, I will rely heavily on feedback. Thus, I will request my audience to rate the website in general and the quality of content offered. I will also request them to leave comments or any questions they have. These will determine if they actually understood what I was trying to convey. The number of page revisits will also show that my audience actually likes my content and found it important.*****
- Describe barriers that can impede the evaluation process, and how they can be overcome.
- Identify and critique an evaluation tool
Professional Development Exercises:
For this exercise, you will proceed through the following steps:
A. Identify a population of interest and one healthcare activity that members of this population either should practice or are required to practice to maintain health. For example, you might identify adults with insulin-dependent diabetes who must self-inject insulin on at least a daily basis.
B. Identify an educational intervention that you would provide to members of this population to teach them this healthcare activity.
C. Conduct a literature search to identify existing instruments that would be appropriate for use to evaluate effectiveness of your teaching in the situation you have described in A. and B. above.
D. Critique each instrument you have identified (or three of these instruments if you have identified a large number) for evidence of reliability, validity, appropriateness with your identified population, and feasibility of use in your setting.
E. Based on your critique, select one instrument you would use for evaluating teaching effectiveness. Justify your selection.