I NEED THIS DONE BY TODAY!!!
Mary Jane went shopping on Tuesday night with her brother and sister from 7 to 9 p.m. She happened to be shopping in the same shopping center that had a burglary at 8 p.m. Tuesday night. The next day, while sitting in class, juvenile officers came and detained her for the burglary. They took her to a juvenile detention center and screened her for any prior illegal activity. Mary Jane had never been in trouble previously, so they let her go home with her parents with a notation of the time to come to juvenile court. Mary Jane insists that she had no part in the burglary.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Do you feel that most people have a predisposition toward teenagers (e.g., they are always looking for trouble)? Why or why not?
- Do you think this is ever a reasonable belief? Why or why not?
- Regarding the scenario above, how do you think that might she prove her innocence? Explain.
- What evidence do you think might exist that could prove that she is innocent? Explain.
- Considering that she is a juvenile, how do you think that evidence will hold up in the court? Explain.