Write a paper (3-5 pages) that analyzes market forces present in a HIM case study and evaluates how the HIM and other health care professionals respond to the market forces. Include recommendations for improvement in the analysis.
Market Forces Affecting the U.S. Health System (1 page)
- Which market forces affecting the U.S. health system and HIM are at play in the media case study?
- How do the market forces you identified in the case study affect the U.S. health system?
- Specifically, how do these market forces affect HIM?
Market Forces and HIM (1 to 2 paragraphs)
- What roles did HIM play in the market forces you identified in the case study?
- How effectively did HIM professionals respond to the market forces?
- How could these HIM professionals increase their contribution to the response to the market forces?
- What two to three specific recommendations for improvement would you make?
Market Forces and Health Care Professionals (1 to 2 page)
- In the case study, which health care professionals and allied health workers were affected by the market forces you identified?
Market Forces and Interactions Among Health Care Professionals (1 to 2 pages)
- How effectively did HIM professionals interact with the other health care professionals and allied health workers affected by the case study market forces you identified?
- How could HIM professionals improve these interactions?
- What two to three specific recommendations would you make?
Resources: Market Forces
- Edlow, R. C., O.D. (2016). Practice consolidation: Forces not of nature, but of government, demographics, economics, and technology. The Journal of Medical Practice Management: MPM, 31(5), 313–316.
- Keller, M. E., Kelling, S. E., Cornelius, D. C., Oni, H. A., & Bright, D. R. (2015, Fall). Enhancing practice efficiency and patient care by sharing electronic health records. Perspectives in Health Information Management, 1–8.
- Vitalari, N. P. (2016). Prospects for the future of the U.S. healthcare industry: A speculative analysis. American Journal of Medical Research, 3(2), 7–52.