Write a paper (5-7 pages) that analyzes a selected market force’s effect on the U.S. health system and HIM. Include a description of how two selected leadership and management theories would help in improving or resolving a market force issue.
Include the following headings in your paper and answer the questions under each heading:
Market Force Affecting the U.S. Health Care System and HIM (2 pages)
- Why did you select this particular market force? Be sure to provide a detailed description of the market force in your answer.
- What is the historical context surrounding this market force?
- How does this market force affect the U.S. health care system and HIM?
Leadership and Management Theories to Address Market Force (2 pages)
- What are the basic tenets of these management and leadership theories you selected?
- Why did you select these particular leadership and management theories?
- What intrigues you about them?
Application of Leadership and Management Theories to Address Market Force (3 pages)
- How would these leadership and management theories (or a blend of them) approach the market force issue?
- How could these leadership and management theories (or a blend of them) help to improve or resolve the market force issue?
Note: Feel free to tailor the headings in your analysis paper to your selected market force and leadership and management theories.
Resources: Management and Leadership Theories
- Jha, R. K., Sahay, B. S., & Charan, P. (2016). Healthcare operations management: A structured literature review. Decision, 43(3), 259–279.
- Kitana, A. (2016). Overview of the managerial thoughts and theories from the history: Classical management theory to modern management theory. Indian Journal of Management Science, 6(1), 6–21.
- Mathews, P. (2015). Deconstructing management fad adoption: Towards a conceptual model. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 23(2), 302–319.
- AHIMA. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.ahima.org
- Leadership and Management | Transcript.
- This is a series of Capella-created short, audio segments on various leadership and management topics. All segments are less than two-minutes long. You will hear Dr. Harry Carter, adjunct faculty at Capella University, address topics such as: What Is Leadership?, Leadership vs. Management, and Can Managers Be Leaders?
- Leadership Theories | Transcript.
- In this interactive, Capella-created media piece you will have an opportunity to test your knowledge of leadership theories by answering a series of 12 questions. This is a timed test though, so you will have to work quickly.