Write a 1,050- to 1,200-word paper describing your own cultural heritage and traditions and exploring possible origins of your values, worldviews, and behaviors. Do not exceed word count; must meet minimum word count total!
Address the following in your paper:
- Describe your family’s race and ethnicity, sex and gender, sexuality, socioeconomic status, disability, age, religion and spirituality.
- Reflect and write on the messages you have received about people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- What are you most proud of about your cultural heritage and why?
- Compare and contrast your family values, worldviews, and practices with those of some of the families whose ethnicities differ from yours, and provide your reflection. You may use examples form the text for examples of ethnicities different from yours.
- How might media coverage affect the public’s perception of your culture? Does it encourage or discourage prejudice, discrimination, and stereotyping?
- If you were a manager, what inclusion strategies from this week’s reading might you implement to moderate the media’s effect on your employees and to promote inclusion in the workplace? (Use text Understanding and Managing Diversity for strategies)
Include at least two academic references in your research.
Format your paper according to 300 course-level APA guidelines. See Student Resources for guidelines.