read them all and pick up one of these psychology experience u need to tell me which one u will do
- Psychology Experience
Each student will complete three hours of “psychology experience” during the semester. Experience points are not graded, but are evaluated as pass/fail and must be completed. If not completed, 30 points will be deducted from final grade.
This requirement can be completed in a variety of ways:
- Lecture/Event Opportunities: as announced in class or in the community. You will receive 1 hour of credit for each hour of participation. You must provide a 500 word (minimum) summary of how the event relates to the course. You must clear any events ahead of time with the instructor.
- Experiment/Research participation: You may serve as a participant in research studies. You will receive 1 hour of credit for each hour of participation (to the nearest 15 minutes).
- HR2: You may serve as a participant for our counseling psychology graduate students. You will receive 1 hour of credit for each hour of participation. A program representative will attend class to give more information about the screening and enrollment process. The practicum coordinator will alert me (with your permission) only that you came attended the sessions (no content). At the end of your sessions, you will need to write a 1-2 page reflection paper about your experience.
- Paper Option: You may write papers—article summaries—of articles from peer-reviewed journals in the field of psychology. You will receive one hour of credit for each 1-page (double spaced) article summary (12 pt font, Times New Roman, 1” Margins, at least 1.5 pages long). Turn in hard copies of the articles you read along with the summaries.
- Book Review: You can earn all five hours through reading a book in the popular or specialized psychology literature (book title must be approved by me PRIOR to your report) and writing a 3 – page (double-spaced) summary and analysis.
You may “mix and match” these to earn 3 total points (e.g. 2 hours of HR2 plus 1 hour of research participation). Written assignments may be submitted via Canvas in the “Psych Experience” folder. If you participate in practicum and/or research, you must verify that your counselor or graduate assistant has permission to let me know of your participation.