Once you have selected your essay, please download and complete the.
In your Outline Template,
- Determine what is most important in the essay you selected and summarize the main argument.
- Convert brainstorming ideas into a workable outline as part of the writing process.
- Use appropriate academic writing tone, style, correct grammar, spelling, and sentence mechanics.
- Apply structural components of outlining format to continue essay development.
The Critical Essay Outline
- Must be 1-2 properly formatted double-spaced pages in length, or 250-500 words (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Critical Essay Outline
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).