Introduction and Alignment
Managers within organizations are continually required to evaluate the impact of variables in the internal and external economic environment that will affect their organizations’ performance. In today’s global environment, marketing and trade practices require analysis of basic economic functions that extend to international business operations including pricing strategies, currency fluctuations, technology, open and closed economies, and differing monetary policies. In this project, you will have an opportunity to synthesize these many variables on the performance and profitability of a chosen organization.
- File: Project Description
You have been working as an economic consultant, and you have seen a significant number of firms needing outside help to assist in business policy and formulation. Because of your strong reputation, you have just been hired as a consultant for one of the following organizations:
- United Parcel Service
For this particular project, you will be reporting to the executive officers in the organization (CFO, CTO, CIO, and CEO). Your task will be to evaluate the trade policies and economic variables that have a verifiable impact on that company’s global operations.
- Before beginning this assignment, please read the Project Description document, if you have not already done so.
- For Part 3 of the project, submit an outline of your final project paper for review and feedback.
- Your entire assignment must be APA formatted.
- When you’ve completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.