Complete and revise this draft and turn into a final essay..
In your paper,
- Build on your Outline and Rough Draft by responding to the main points of your selected essay with a clear argument.
- Revise and edit previous work, incorporating instructor feedback from previous submissions in the course.
- Support your response with examples from the selected essay, and include at least one quote and one paraphrase (a total of two citations) in APA format.
- State specific details about the essay you selected, the topic that it explores, and your critical response to that topic.
- Produce academic argumentative writing using appropriate tone, style, and citation format as well as correct grammar, spelling, and sentence mechanics.
- Include the structural components of academic writing: an introduction with a thesis, support paragraphs, and a conclusion.
The Final Critical Response Essay
- Must be 4-5 properly-formatted pages or 1,000-1,250 words (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of essay
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must include a clear thesis statement.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least 1 credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.