Q. write a report on “Jobs vs Entrepreneurship: A Comparative Analysis” (jobs vs self employment)
((2000 words)) “NO SIMILARITY”
Task to be done:
The Public Establishment for SME Development (Riyada) intends to find out how students perceive the value of having their own business as compared to having a public or a private job. The purpose of this report is to seek recommendations for future graduates to take the right decision in opting a life career for themselves. You, as a fresh graduate, have been asked to write a report on “Jobs vs Entrepreneurship: A Comparative Analysis”. The CEO of Riyada Mr. Abdullah Al-Abri (pseudo name) has asked for this report. The report has to be submitted by 6pm on 7th of November, 2018 via Turnitin.
Follow business report structure taught in the class to present this report and give recommendations based on the analysis of your findings. Address the following points in your report;
1: Discuss the current situation with regard to entrepreneurial as well as job opportunities in the Sultanate.
2: Present a comparative analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of owning a business and having a job based on the categories given below.
3: Give recommendations (at least 15) to The Public Establishment for SMEs Development (Riyada) in order to develop a policy to guide future graduates.
Consider the following prompts to structure your thoughts. You may want to add more points to the following list ONLY in consultation with your class lecturer.
- Fixed vs flexible timetable
- Fixed and limited income
- Job creators vs Job seekers
- Stability and Reliability
- Enhanced interaction
- Skills development
- Social life/Contacts
- Quality of life
- Money management
- Mind set of Employee and employer
- Benefit for future generations
- Role in the economic development of the country
Table of Content
- Headings /Sub headings with page numbers
- Abstract/Executive Summary
- What is the purpose of the work?
- What methods did you use for your research?
- What were the main findings
- What were the main conclusions?
- What were the main recommendations?
- Briefly describe the context.
- Describe the main issue/the general subject matter.
- Write the purpose of the report in more details
- How the report will examine the issue.
- What are the main questions that the report will address?
- Preview the report structure
- Comment on the limitation of the report, if any.
Terms of Reference (at the end of introduction).
- Who has asked for the Report?
- When is it to be submitted?
- How is it to be submitted? ( via Turnitin)
03) Findings & Discussions
- Headings and sub-headings which reflect the contents of each section.
- Findings of the report and discussion in light of the given categories/different aspects of the topic.
- Comparison, advantage/ disadvantage (according to the given task).
- Present analysis using appropriate language.
- Discussion should be subdivided into logical sections
- Each section must be numbered
- Use appropriate vocabulary/ linking words as per different sections of the report.
- Your conclusions should be either in paragraph form or in bullet points with no new arguments or evidence.
- Sum up the main points of your research – Link it with the purpose of the report.
- Ensure that you mention the main issues identified as a result of your analysis form the findings section.
- Check if all the discussion points have been wrapped up and if all the questions in the task have been addressed.
- Should appear in sequence with the order of points in the list of conclusions or according to its importance.
- Should provide a response to each problem identified in the list of conclusions.
- Should be action-oriented, concise, and clear.
- Should also be realistic and feasible within the social, economic, and political climate.
- Present each recommendation separately and begin with a “verb”.
- Suggestions for further research
References (Reference List or Bibliography)
- Full details for any works you have referred to in the report, including books, journals, websites and other materials in Harvard Referencing Style.
- Arrange in alphabetical order.
Attach any extra details such as graph, chart, table, etc.(I ATTACHED THE TABLE RECOMMENDED BELOW)
(SAMPLE REPORT BELOW)
(assessment business Report BELOW)
(CHECK LIST BELOW)