Part I (10 points):
1. What is your definition of a “Good Society?”
2. What criteria do you use in your theory? Why do these specific criteria deserve close
Part II (25 points):
1. Is the country you chose (Sierra Leone) a “Good Society,” according to your theory?
2. Apply each of the criteria developed in your theory to your country, discussing how your
country fares on each.
3. Is this country a Full or Flawed Democracy, a Hybrid Regime, or an Authoritarian
Regime? (see Democracy Index Report 2018)
3a. Is it likely that all (or most) countries in this category would meet your criteria of a
“Good Society?” Why or why not?
You must use the textbook. You must also use at least two other academic, governmental, and/or media
Academic journals, major national or international newspapers, major
online news organizations, databases, etc.
o You may not use Wikipedia or other websites of unknown or inexpert origin.
This essay should be 6 pages, typed, double-spaced, in a standard
Cite your sources according to the style you know best (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.) (I prefer MLA)
Directly cite sources in text as well as in a works cited/bibliography.