Some of high-stakes testing include: need 400 words
- ACT or SAT or GMAT
- State specific tests
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB)
Consider your experiences that have influenced your views on high-stakes standardized testing. Should high-stakes standardized testing be required to earn a teaching or medical license? Should it be required to be able to join the military?
Complete the following:
- Post an image that reflects your views of high-stakes standardized testing. Be sure to cite where you received your image from.
- Describe how this image reflects your views on high-stakes standardized testing by sharing your experiences with taking these kinds of tests whether in school or your professional life.
- Summarize the two articles you found describe how these ideas support and contradict your views on high-stakes standardized testing.
- Select one of the views of intelligence from the top. Briefly describe the view and provide your own critique. Do you agree or not agree? Why? How might the view of intelligence support or contradict the use of high stakes standardized tests?
- Discuss whether you think high-stakes standardized testing has a place in education and the work place. Why or why not? Provide evidence from the readings to discuss the pros or cons of high-stakes standardized testing.