1) Write down the name of a entrepreneur that you admire
- Write down key characteristics that define them as a leader.
- What is the chronology of events that took that person to a position of a leadership?
- How did the events of that personâ€™s life affect their ultimate leadership self?
- How did these qualities impact their business?
- What lessons can you apply to your own life?
2) How successful people reach their goals?
- Write at least 3 personal goals that you think are essential to your success. After you decide on your goals, list the objectives you must meet in order to achieve your goals
- Please lsit your goals, then at least two objectives you must reach to achieve each of your goals. Remember objectives are quantifiable.
3) Self Reflections on competition advantage
- List 5 resources you possess (business related)
- List 3 abilities
- List 2 core competencies you will bring to a business career
- Share how your core competencies provide competitive advantage in the job market and will provide competitive advantage in first job
4) IBM is a global tech giant, 375,000 employees, revenue at $85 billion, HQ is in NY, but 70% of employees are overseas, earns 2/3 of revenues outside of the U.S. is IKEA really Swedish? 6% of sales are garnered from the Swedish market, 14% of sales are in USA
- What is an appropriate definition of a U.S firm?
- What considerations should a firm have for its home country?
- What about web-based companies (e.g Facebook)? They were founded in the US and have millions of American users but are global in reach.
- Who should regulate these companies? Whose rules should they follow? To whom should they pay tax?