- An individual paper of 700-1,000 words by responding to the provided question (double space)
- Grading is evaluated by the studentâ€™s ability to
1) Explaining the scene from the story that appeared in the question
2) Create connection to the overall story
3) Make connection on the storyâ€™s decision in the scene with the culture of South Asia.
ESSAY 1: Choose one from the following topics
- Discuss what you have learned about the status of woman in Hindu culture from Ramayana and how it is in today’s India?
- From Ramayana, please discuss about how the story relates with Indian History,
Belief, Social status – Hierarchy) please provide connection to the story.
- Dhama is one of the important practices in Hinduism, discuss about the practices of Dhama in any character in Ramayana (at least 2 characters)?
- Rama is the main character of the story and an avatar of Lord Vishnu. In your opinion, please evaluate his decision making based on (1) as a King and Lord of Dharma(2) as a human and a husband. Are you agreed with his decision and why? If not, please explain why you are not disagree with him.