I’ll take the job!
Here’s the scenario to imagine: a new 5 week marketing manager internship has opened up at each of the organizations listed below. And based on your past accomplishments (and that awesome business card), they all want you. The internship involves researching your employer’s current marketing efforts and then creating a marketing plan for a new product or service that you dream up. So, the question is – who would you choose to work for and why?
Your choices span a variety of categories as well as marketing approaches. We’ve provided website links, so you can learn more before making a decision. You will be working with this brand throughout the course, so choose carefully.
- Toms Shoes (Links to an external site.)
- Netflix (Links to an external site.)
- Dunkin’ Donuts (Links to an external site.)
- IKEA (Links to an external site.)
- Mini Cooper (Links to an external site.)
- Red Bull (Links to an external site.)
- Target (Links to an external site.)
You’re going to create a discussion post that includes the information below. See our sample post for Harley Davidson (which is not one of your choices).
1. The brand you’ve selected to do your marketing internship with
- Choose from the list above
2. The reasons you selected the brand you did
- Give at least two reasons. No right and wrong answers here!
3. A link to a representative tweet from your brand
- That you believe captures their brand essence
- See the step-by-step tutorial on how to find a tweet and copy the link (Links to an external site.).
4. The answers to these questions about your brand’s unique selling proposition
- How would you describe your brand’s unique selling proposition?
- How is that USP reflected by your chosen tweet?
- Refer back to the text as to what constitutes a USP.