PS124-3: Describe how the study of psychology is relevant to studentsâ€™ career field.
PC 2.1: Achieve goals through planning and prioritization.
Creating a PowerPoint Presentation for Future Colleagues
For this weekâ€™s Assignment, you will create a PowerPointÂ® presentation that illustrates the connection between current psychology research and your role as a leader in a selected career field. You will present a psychology research article that studies a specific challenge that could be encountered in your career field.
- Select a topic that connects psychology with your career field (Substance Abuse is my career field or something to do with addiction). Be sure to select the peer-reviewed box, so that you know your research studies are primary academic sources.For example:
- A future addictions counselor may select the effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy.
- A future business professional may select ways of improving work morale.
- An early childhood development professional may select behavior modification techniques to improve classroom behavior.
- After reviewing several studies, select one research study that most interests you. (This needs to be on an article pertaining to substance abuse counseling)
- APA reference for your article.
- After reviewing the entire article, focus on the abstract for the main highlights of the research.
- Create a presentation that is at least 10 slides long to present this information to future colleagues. Consider this presentation training for future colleagues on how your study of psychology relates to particular problem in your career field. Your slides should address the following questions:
- Identify your career field and article you selected. (Substance abuse counseling-or something to do with addiction)
- Describe the highlights of the research study.
- Relate the research to your career field.
- Identify ways in which this information can be implemented into your career field.
Writing Requirements and Guidelines
Your Assignment should be at least 10 slides, not the Cover and Reference pages.
- Cover page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Body: at least 10 slides answering the questions provided in the Assignment directions
- Reference Page: Sources in APA format