Please view these short clips before starting the assignment.
What is retaliation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrJy9zKQPo
360 Degree Feedback Tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPKgEli45A
Solving the Skills Gap in America: Steelcase CEO Jim Keane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQR9qQ1g72M
John has twelve years of experience as a registered nurse working the evening shift in the post-operative ward at Harmony Hill Memorial Hospital. John wants to complete his Bachelor’s degree in nursing and the needed courses are only offered in the evenings. John’s supervisor informs the staff of an upcoming opening in the morning shift and advises them of the application deadline. Based on some of the rumors that have circulated regarding past practices of his supervisor, John knows that his supervisor has already filled the position with one of her closest friends and that John’s completing an application and interviewing for the position is nothing more than an exercise in futility. John brings his concerns to you, the HR supervisor. He claims that his gender and sexual orientation has affected his nursing supervisor’s decision and that any complaint from him to the nursing supervisor will result in retaliation or termination.
In 3 to 4 pages respond to the following:
- What would you say to John about the ideal legal and ethical hiring practices?
- What can you do to ensure that the recruitment and selection process is fair and consistent with the requirements of federal and state laws on hiring practices?
- How would you address this with John’s nursing supervisor?
- What steps can be taken in addressing John’s concerns for retaliation or termination?
- Where does the human resource department fit into this scenario?
Research and discuss 360 Degree Feedback and its relation to Human Resource Management. Thoroughly discuss this process with relation to healthcare. Some say there are too many negatives to this process, do you agree or disagree?
Please discuss the two parts of this assignment NO PLAGIARISM THERE MUST BE 2-3 REFERENCE CITED IN THE PAPER. EACH REFERENCE MUST BE PUT ON THE REFERENCE PAGE AND THE LINKS MUST BE ATTACHED AS WELL. PLEASE USE ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED SO THE ASSIGNMENT CAN BE DONE RIGHT